10 Best Schengen Countries to Obtain a Schengen Visa

Schengen Area is the European passport-free zone that includes most of the European countries. It has the major free travel part in the world. It signifies a zone where 26 European countries eliminated their internal borders to keep the unrestricted movement of the people. These 26 countries which come under Schengen Area consist of 22 members who completely implement the Schengen acquis. Rest four countries are members of EFTA, implementing Schengen acquis through precise agreement associated with the Schengen agreement. The Schengen Area covers most of the European countries except Ireland.

What is a Schengen Visa?

It is the most common visa for Europe. It allows its holder to enter, and travel within the Schengen zone and leave from any Schengen member country. There are no border restrictions within the Schengen Zone. However, if you are planning to work, study, or live in Schengen member countries for more than 90 days, then you have to apply for a national visa instead of a Schengen Visa.

Travel documents and entry requirements for non-European nationals

You will have to provide numerous documents at the entry of Schengen port, in order to be permitted in the zone, if you are not a European/Schengen national, even if you are a visa-exempt or not. There are a few documents you have to present when entering a Schengen Zone.

  • Application Form: You have to fill the application form completely and with correct information. You can fill the Schengen Visa application form online and then print a hard copy.
  • Passport size photo: Two passport size photos must be attached to the form. The photo should be recent with a light background.
  • Valid Passport: You have to present a valid passport within the last 10 years, and it should be valid for at least the next 3 months after the date you intend to leave Europe. It should also have at least 2 blank pages.
  • Travel medical visa insurance: It must have the sanctioned amount of 30000€ in the Schengen area.
  • Cover letter: Applicants must have a cover letter stating the purpose of visiting the Schengen country.

Apart from these proofs, the Schengen/EU border officials can ask for other supporting documents as well. They can ask about sufficient funds, accommodation proof, round-trip airline tickets, duration of the stay, invitation letters, travel insurance, etc.

Read More: Top 17 German Study Visa Requirements

Here is the list of 10 Schengen countries that are easy to obtain a Schengen Visa.

  1. Lithuania
  2. Estonia
  3. Finland
  4. Iceland
  5. Latvia
  6. Poland
  7. Luxembourg
  8. Slovakia
  9. The Czech Republic
  10. Greece

Everything you need to know about the Schengen countries

Here’s a brief information about the Schengen countries that you need to know beforehand-

  • Lithuania

The Republic of Lithuania is a Baltic country and is one of the easiest countries to get a Schengen visa from, with only 1.3% of the short-term rejected applications in the year 2019. More than 98% of the candidates received a positive response on the application who applied for a Schengen Visa to Lithuania. Furthermore, Lithuania is positioned somewhere in the middle of the table when it comes to a total number of short-term visa applications. It also means that you do not need to wait long to get your appointment call. Unlike Germany and France, many countries applicants need to make an appointment prior to several months of their planned tour to the Schengen Zone.

  • Estonia

It is a Northern European country. This is another Baltic country listed amongst the easiest to get a visa from with only 1.6% application rejection rate in the year 2019. Rest 98.4% of applications were accepted by Estonian embassies with a short-term visa to the Schengen Zone. It is also the sixth Schengen country which receives less visa applications that means less crowds at embassies and better chances to get approved for a Schengen visa.

  • Finland

Finland is a northern European country surrounding the Baltic sea. Despite receiving a high number of visa applications annually, it remains one of the easiest Schengen countries to get a visa with a minimal 1.7% visa application rejection rate. It means there are slightly higher chances to get your visa application approved sooner than expected.

  • Iceland

Iceland received the least number of applications in the year 2019. With only a 1.7% application rejection rate, it is a perfect country to get a Schengen Visa. However, it is advised to first check where you need to apply as Iceland is generally represented by other countries, and it does not have many embassies of its own. It means that if the embassy representing Iceland is swarming, you will need to wait a bit more to get your appointment.

  • Latvia

Latvia is a Baltic country between Lithuania and Estonia. It is the fifth easiest Schengen country to get a visa for the Schengen Zone which makes all three Baltic countries suitable for Schengen visa application. Latvia has granted 97.9% of visa applications and rejected 2.1% of applications. It means you have quite a decent chance to get a Schengen visa from this country.

  • Poland

The Republic of Poland is a country situated in Central Europe. It is also one of the easiest countries to get a visa from. Applicants applying for Schengen Visa to Poland have a 97% chance to receive a positive response. This country has a low rate of visa rejection which is only 3%. So, you have quite a good chance to get your Schengen Visa.

  • Luxembourg

Luxembourg is a European country surrounded by France, Germany and Belgium. This small country may be your way to Schengen in case you want to visit and explore countries like France, Germany, and Belgium. With only 3.7% of application rejection rate and the second country with minimum visa applications received, Luxembourg seems like a better country choice for Schengen visa applicants.

  • Slovakia

Slovakia, officially known as the Slovak Republic is a landlocked country situated in central Europe. Slovak consulates have a whopping 95.8% probability of being approved for a Schengen visa. In 2019, Slovak embassies rejected only 4.2% received visa applications. It received less than 27000 applications which makes it the fifth Schengen country with minimum visa applications.

  • Czech Republic

The Czech Republic, also known as Czechia is a country located in Central Europe. Those who are applying for a short-term visa to the Czech Republic have a slightly higher chance of application rejection, compared to Slovakia. However, with 95.8% approval rate of visa applications, you still have a decent chance of getting a positive response on your Schengen visa application.

  • Greece

Greece is a southeastern European country popular for the Parthenon temple and 5th Century B.C. Acropolis Citadel. The visa application rejection rate was 2% in the year 2014. However, it has increased from 2% to 4.9% compared to the year 2014. Greek embassies abroad approved 95.1% of the Schengen visa applications received last year. Greece is the fifth most preferred country for those planning to visit the Schengen area with more than 800,000 applications received last year. So it is a bit hard but worth trying for a Schengen visa with this approval rate.

In short, it is easy to obtain a Student visa in these 10 countries. We have gathered all the information required to apply for a visa in a Schengen country where the process will be hassle free for you! So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and apply for your visa now and book your tickets right away!