Study 4-year Accelerated Medical Degree in Europe in English
Europe is a heaven for students aspiring to build a successful career in the field of medicine. Countries such as Poland, Netherlands, France, Italy, Ireland and more house some of the best medicine schools with advanced and cutting-edge medical programs. Though the medical degree courses such as MBBS, or any other are extremely expensive and competitive as every year more than 5 million students enroll themselves in the quest of becoming the finest in the profession.
Though the bachelor courses are typically of 6 years at a stretch, some European countries have come up with a solution. The 4-year accelerated Medical Degree, also known as Graduate Entry Medicine, is offered in European universities to prepare better medical forces. With the Graduate Entry Medicine (GEM) program, now you can complete your studies within four years. Also known as accelerated or fast track programs, are highly popular among students from around the globe, let us understand why?
What exactly is a 4-year accelerated Medical Degree?
The program allows life science or biomedical degree graduates with a similar background to pursue and earn a medical degree in the duration of three to four years which may sometimes stretch to five depending upon the university or country’s policies. The four year program contains at least four years of clinical training to equip you with all the protocols of hospital and clinical environment. To be eligible to enroll in the program, you’ll have to produce your previous educational documents stating that you are from the medical field.
Why study a 4-year Accelerated Medical Degree in Europe in Europe?
The competition to study medicine in European countries is fierce. Since the course structure offered in the universities are top notch and at par with any best university around the world, millions of international students migrate to Europe to secure their seat for a better career and future. There are various reasons to study GEM in Europe.
Best universities to choose from!
Europe offers a range of prestigious universities from which you can opt to pursue Graduate Entry Medicine. Here are few best universities along with the country-
- European University in Tbilisi in Georgia
- Medical University of Lodz in Poland
- University of Nicosia in Cyprus
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences in Poland
- Heidelberg University in Germany
- LMU Munich in Germany
- ETH Zurich Switzerland
- Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands
- University of Paris in France
- University of Tartu in Estonia
- University of Debrecen, and more.
Pursue courses in English
Several European countries have their own national language but to provide quality education to students around the globe, maximum courses are offered in English language and this also includes the 4-year Accelerated Medical programme. Hence, the reason why maximum international students have Europe as their top choice.
Multiple funding opportunities
As an international student in Europe, you can apply for various scholarship or loan opportunities to fund your education. Here’s a list of scholarships offered in Europe. Also, if you need assistance regarding the scholarships and loans, connect with the experts at Udrus, and they’ll help you apply and secure a suitable scholarship opportunity.
- DAAD Scholarships with relevance to Developing countries
- Holland Scholarships
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program
- Swiss Government Excellence scholarships for Foreign Students
- Italian Government Bursaries for Foreign students
- Leiden University Excellence scholarships
- Radboud University Scholarship Program
- University of Twente Scholarships, and more.
Post-study work visa opportunity
European countries grant post study work visas to graduates to extend their stay in the country to find suitable employment. This may range from six month to eighteen months. More than 94% of students find suitable job opportunities to build a bright career. Though many students prefer to return to their homeland and serve for the cause and betterment of the society.
Read More: Study Medicine
Globally accredited degrees
The European universities are highly ranked in the top 100 list published by QS World Rankings. The degrees are valued globally and accepted by the governments of different countries. In case you are planning to move to your homeland and find employment there, you do not need to worry whether your Graduate Entry Medicine is accepted or not.
Highly affordable tuition fee
One of the huge incentives for students planning to study Graduate entry medicine in Europe is that the universities charge an affordable tuition fee with various scholarship options to choose from. Check the tuition fees below-
|European University in Tbilisi||4000 Euros per annum|
|Poznan University of Medical Sciences||14,800 Euros per annum|
|University of Nicosia||30,000 Euros per annum|
|Medical University of Lodz||14,500 Euros per annum|
|Dnipro Medical Institute||3,500 Euros per annum|
Best universities to pursue Graduate Entry Medicine from!
The 4-year Graduate Entry Medicine in Europe is the most popular course among the medical aspirants. There are best ranked universities in Europe to pursue the program. Here’s a detailed review about the some of the best medical colleges/universities in the European countries where you can apply for the globally acclaimed degree-
1. Dnipro Medical Institute in Ukraine
The internationally distinguished institute offers both traditional and non-traditional medicine courses. Every year thousands of international students enroll in the institute to pursue the course as the tuition fee is highly affordable and the course structure is at par with any high ranked university around the globe. The Dnipro Medical Institute is the first and last, non-profit private university in Ukraine, established in 1993. The institute is listed in the reputed World Directory of Medical Schools which means that the degree acquired from here allows you to apply in the UK, Australia, the USA, and various other countries.
The graduate entry program is offered in English language to make it accessible for international students. Schedule a call with our admission experts at Udrus to enroll at Dnipro Medical Institute. Here are the entry requirements-
- No entrance exam, aptitude or interviews are taken.
- Must have A-level in UG degree in science field. Biology is mandatory.
- Bachelor of Science with Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- English language proficiency proof.
2. Poznan University of Medical Sciences in Poland
Poznan University of Medical Sciences is one of the best universities in Poland and attracts thousands of international students. The university also has an advanced medical course in America for Canadian students who pursued courses different from that of the UK. The medical college also accepts transfer students which benefits various students. The university offers a 4-year graduate entry course, 6 year medical course and 5 year long dentistry course. Here are the admission requirements you’ll have to meet to study in the PUMS-
1. A High school certificate is mandatory.
2. The students must have a bachelor’s degree after the year 2015 with these subjects-
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Human behavior/Sociology/Anthropology
3. Must pass the entrance exam of PUMS and qualify in the interview round.
4. A Letter of Recommendation from a reputed science professor.
Founded in the year 1980, the university attracts more than 10,000 international students every year to enroll in the Graduate Entry Medicine program. The academic institution is devoted towards maintaining the highest quality in terms of teaching, community research, research work and patient care. Here are the requirements to study in the University of Nicosia at Cyprus-
- 1 honors score in bachelor’s. 3.2 for Canadian students and 3.3 GPA for students from the USA.
- Voluntary experience in healthcare or medical field.
- TOEFL or IELTS with minimum 7.0 and 6.5 in the writing section.
- Mandatory to qualify for an online interview via video call. You’ll be given 8 questions and 5 minutes to answer them each.
- Health certificate is mandatory as well as police verification.
- Ensure that you are immunized against Hepatitis B.
4. European University in Tbilisi Georgia
The Faculty of Medicine at the European University offers a world-class Graduate Medicine Entry program and offers the course in English language. The university focuses on practical skills as well as the theoretical part. As a student, you’ll get to work and train in a hospital as the university has signed agreements with 60 hospitals around Georgia. In the 1st year, students get to focus on the medical literature part and then in the next years, students get to master the practical skills by stepping into the stimulated real-world experience.
You’ll also get a chance to work with real patients and handle the critical issues. The university constantly upgrades the teaching quality and invests in extracurricular activities and research work. The courses are taught in English and transfer students are also invited. Here are the requirements to be eligible to study 4 year accelerated Graduate Entry Medicine in Europe-
- High school diploma
- English language proficiency proof
Connect with experts at Udrus to discuss your admission prospectus. Udrus will support you on your journey to study GEM in European University.
5. Medical University of Lodz
The Medical University of Lodz is the best Polish university offering a 4-year accelerated Graduate Entry Medicine program for students around the globe. The course is offered in English language. Thousands of international students enroll in the GEM program every year. Upon graduation from the University of Lodz, you’ll be eligible to work as a doctor in any part of the world as the degree is universally accepted and accredited. The transfer students are also accepted if eligible. Here are the admission requirements for GEM program-
- Bachelor of Science in the science field. Biology is mandatory along with physics and chemistry.
- English language proficiency proof
- Entrance exam over Skype interview.
Entry requirements to Pursue Medicine Degree in Europe
Every country has its own rules and regulations for granting entry to any international student. Many universities in Europe now do not conduct admission tests which helps students in gaining a hassle-free entry. The entry requirement to be eligible to study in European countries are mentioned below-
- High school score-sheet
- Must have completed schooling in science stream (physics, chemistry and biology)
- Health certificate
- Bank account records to prove your stable financial status.
- Letter of recommendation from a person holding important position
- Documents, or certificates to prove that you have previously volunteered or worked in the healthcare field.
- Statement of purpose
- Healthcare insurance documents
- IELTS score or TOEFL or documents to prove that you know the English language.
You’ll also require a visa to be eligible to take admission into the country. If you are planning to enroll in European Universities, please connect with the admission officers to verify which documents are required to be prepared beforehand. In case of any mishaps you can connect with our experts at Udrus and ensure your seat in a prestigious university.