Find Out the 4 Best Universities for Aerospace Engineering
For as long as we can remember, there have always been a sizable chunk of students who chose to study engineering-didn’t matter what the culture or the craze was at the time, that field always has a substantial amount of people interested in it. And why wouldn’t they be? Engineering is, practically speaking, one of the best majors a student could enter; it’s in universal demand, the pay is astounding, it’s among the most respected majors of the lot and I could frankly go on and on about the reasons people enter the field.
While there are many variants of engineering out there, one in particular has been rising in popularity-aerospace engineering. Between its high salary, emphasis on practical skills and a large pick of employers both in the private sector and the government, it’s definitely a catch among the engineering crowd. So, in this article, we’ll throw a bone to those looking to study in America and look at some of the best universities for aerospace engineering.
Queen’s University Belfast
For those intending to study in the U.K., a great choice for those in the region is Queen’s University Belfast. A high-quality university through-and-through, a few of the university’s achievements include:
- The city of Belfast itself, which has the lowest student rent in all of U.K. as well as the best public transportation
- An active campus filled to the brim with many exercise facilities and sports teams
- Amazing research opportunities and a strong focus on research culture
- Winner of many awards and accreditations in both academics and sports
They have a bachelor’s degree in:
They have a Masters degree in:
Warsaw University of Technology
For those who decide that they want to study in Poland, you can’t go wrong with the Warsaw University of Technology. Located in (you guessed it) Warsaw, the institution is dedicated in providing its student with a solid education in the field of (you guessed it, again) engineering and technology. Some of the selling points they have include:
- Best STEM university in Poland bar none, proved not only in numerous rankings but also by their academic and research achievements.
- Cheap costs all around: from university tuition to costs of living to transportation costs.
- Comprehensive practical experience in whatever field you specialize in-the university requires you to achieve 100 hours of volunteer internship in your field before graduation.
- Good social life opportunities what with its diverse body of students from over dozens of countries.
For those interested, you can find their bachelors degree on the topic here:
For those who are graduate students, you can find their Masters degree on the topic here:
King’s College London
Considered by many to be one of the top 25 universities in the world, King’s College has an outstanding reputation for both academics and research. In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) King’s was ranked 6th nationally in the ‘power’ ranking, which takes into account both the quality and quantity of research activity, and 7th for quality according to Times Higher Education rankings. For those looking to study in the U.K., this is a great option to look into alongside Queen’s University Belfast. Other achievements include:
- One of the world’s top research institutions, according to the QS International World Rankings.
- Holder of an HR Excellence in Research Award (more evidence to ensure high-quality research).
- 12 Nobel Prize winners.
This one is a bit unique, as they don’t offer courses in the typical engineering but rather one in Aerospace Medicine, the art of applying medicine in aviation and space. If you’re still interested, you can check out the Masters program here:
Another valid option is TBS Education. While they have many options when it comes to where their students can study, for the sake of this article we’ll be focusing on the ones which reside in France (specifically Toulouse). There are many reasons to pick this university, including but not limited to:
- Top-ranked in France and worldwide with them achieving high places on many prestigious rankings
- Innovative research and development in many fields such as
- Health and Wellbeing at Work
- Environmental Reporting
- Environmental Economics
- A strong career support and professional network with over 1200 professional advisors from the corporate world ready to give you the best advice money can buy
- The city of Toulouse itself, which is both affordable and beautiful-an ideal city to pursue your education in.
For those interested, you can find their Masters programs on the topic here:
And that’s it for the universities. As said before, there’s a lot of reasons why one would choose to study aerospace engineering-the pay, the respect, the large amount of employers, it’s a good deal. On top of that, while all the universities I listed here are in the United States of America, that’s certainly not the only place you can choose to study the major. Many other countries also offer great education in this field, such as:
- China-Beinhang University
- Netherlands-Delft University of Technology
- France-University of Notre Dame
And as always, if you want to do some more research on the matter of universities and majors, be sure to check out Udrus.