Do MBA Entry Requirements in the United States and Europe Differ? To discover a solution to this problem, read this blog.
An MBA is undoubtedly one of the most in-demand programs among students worldwide as it teaches the students about marketing, finance, economics, sociology, and a lot of other disciplines. The sole purpose of the degree is to make a student capable of taking a holistic approach to global business management. What makes this degree so much value is its versatility, and that ensures career success to some extent.
Well, before getting directly admitted to any MBA college, it is always advised to carry out thorough research. One of the first things that the MBA applicants check is the entry requirements, which vary on the basis of each MBA college. This arises specifically from the need to compare the top MBA colleges in Europe to the Top MBA Colleges in the United States.
There is no denying that the MBA Entry Requirements come with certain challenges, and have started your journey in the United States, these programs have spread their roots to Europe. As a result of this, a number of European colleges and universities are offering high-quality MBA programs. This dilemma has pressurized students to choose college accordingly.
Let’s first start with the entry requirements in universities based in the US and universities in Europe.
MBA Entry Requirements in the United States
Talking about the common admission requirements for an MBA in the American MBA Universities are:
- A Bachelor’s degree (4 years) from an ascribed institution in the United States
- Work experience, ranging from 2-3 years and depending on the responsibilities
- A well-structured resume
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of professional recommendation
- The students are required to present proof of English proficiency (TOEFL is the most common test required with minimum scores, paper-based – 550-600 and computer-based 213-250
- Last, but certainly not least, a GMAT score above 600 (it’s a non-negotiable)
Top universities in the United States that offer MBA programs to students:
- Columbia University
- Stanford University
- Long Island University
- Rider University
- University of Dallas
MBA Entry Requirements in Europe
Discussing the MBA entry requirements for an MBA and the best universities in Europe for masters, we need to have:
- Work experience of a minimum of 3 years
- A Bachelor’s degree
- GMAT, GRE, or passing an admission test required
- International study or previous work experience
- Certificate of knowledge of the English language
- Second language knowledge is a plus
- Minimum TOEFL score – IBT: 89-94/paper-based: 577-587
- IELTS – 6.0 or 6.5
- Cambridge Advanced – 142 to 210
- Pearson Test – 59-63
Top universities in Europe offering MBA programs to students:
- National Research University Higher School of Economics, Russia
- Anglo-American University, Prague, the Czech Republic
As it can be witnessed clearly here, that European MBA Universities tend to provide way more flexibility in terms of entry requirements.
Why European Universities have an Upper Hand?
Regardless of the fact that Europe has allured a lot of students to pursue MBA programs by providing 100’s of MBA programs throughout the continent, the United States of America still remains the first choice of students. Let’s ponder upon the facts stated below so that the choices could be clear.
- The majority of European MBA programs are one-year – Though some students clearly see this as a disadvantage, for students seeking the reduced costs of accommodation and the denser format of education, it might be the best option. Here, we should get the fact clear that the longer the duration of the course, the longer the student has to stay and adjust in accordance with the accommodation charges, food, and other liabilities.
- The average entrance age at EU MBA’s is flexible – At the MBA Programs conducted in the United States, the average age of the applicant must be between 25-28. However, the European programs allow candidates aged from 28-35 to apply for enrollment. Hence, the age range is significantly broader than in the United States schools. Not everyone is lucky and sometimes, skilled enough to make it through their desired universities within the age limit. However, in our opinion, European universities seem to have consideration for these people and ponder upon the fact that education should have minimum barriers.
- Application requirements – The application quality of the candidate is undoubtedly judged by the scores of GMAT and GPAs as this has a great impact on the experience. Schools and universities based in the United States tend to have more rigid boundaries when it comes to recruiting on the basis of GMAT scores.
- International Business Schools in EU – It should be noted that at the American MBA Programs, the total percentage of international students comprises 20-40%. Whereas on the other hand, the percentage of international students studying at European schools is somewhere around 90%. The same goes for the faculty department. Hence, European universities pave a wider way for opportunists.
- Placements – It should certainly be the most impactful factor, as the international placements in European schools are much more probable than from the US MBAs. It is because of the international nature of the European schools.
Don’t Miss out to read!! Should I Study For A Master’s Degree Right After Bachelors Or Later?
Why Choose Udrus Platform?
Udrus platform consists of a diversified portfolio of colleges and universities to choose from making it easier for the student. In addition to this, you can explore a vast section of university offering online courses. We assist you in taking care of your student visa requirements, university application form filling, and submission, and other major requirements such as providing health insurance, bank accounts, and other necessities.
Put simply, we are an education technology designed to support the academic journey of the student and emphasize simplifying the admissions process, scaling up, and diversifying campuses worldwide. Another advantage of on-boarding Udrus is that we help students to get scholarships, ultimately contributing to the facilitation of their higher education. We appreciate and value your talents.