Spain Student Visa: How to Apply, Documents Required & More
Spain, being the second-largest country in the European Union by territory and the home to various famous festivals, never fails to allure tourists. It also has one of the most high-quality and credible education systems covering departments of Technology, Science, Management, Economics, and Psychology.
Now that since you are reading this article, it clearly implies that you are having plans of pursuing your further studies in Spain. However, there are some pre-requisites and information required to have rolled up your sleeves before applying for the Spanish student visa.
The Spain student visa is considered one of the most important visas around the world and hence it becomes a notable thing when you have a Spain visa appointment, and get one to continue your studies in Spain. By now, you must have questions regarding how to obtain a Spain student visa, how much it costs, and what are the requirements. In this article, we will be discussing all the details related to the Spain student visa.
Everything About The Spain Student Visa Explained
It should be noted that Spain is a member country of the Schengen zone which makes the Schengen visa code applicable to Spain. It applies to all the travelers who are in Spain and it clearly implies that you are required to acquire a visa prior to your trip if any of the below-mentioned statements corresponds to your situation:
- You are a citizen of a third-world country that has not yet achieved a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen states.
- You are a citizen of a third-world country that has achieved a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen states, but for some reason, you were previously rejected from making an entry in Spain or any other Schengen country without a visa.
There are various types of visas to make an entry in Spain. The Spanish student visas are issued to those students that wish to get enrolled in a course in Spain for a duration of up to three months at an educational institution in the country.
The Spain student visa for international students is a legit document that provides an allowance to non-EU citizens to stay and study in its universities for a specific period of time. In addition to this, it should be noted that the Spain student visa allows students to work part-time along with their studies during their residency in Spain.
The universities you get enrolled in provide you with residence halls, called Colegios Mayores in Spanish or student apartments whose rents and costs differ depending on several factors such as location and amenities offered. Studio apartments are another option for students to stay in Spain.
Documents Required for Visa Application
The Spanish Embassy in the country you reside demands you to prove your identity, background, and purpose of you making an entry into Spain. You will be required to do so by submitting several documents for a Spanish Visa and the required documents are:
1. Spanish Visa Application Form – Fill the form with your computer, take a printout, and sign the document at the end to confirm your identity.
2. Two Passport-Sized Photos – Two photos aligning with the passport format showing your complete face from the front with a light background are required.
3. Your Valid Passport – Before moving further, ensure that your passport meets certain criteria and it follows:
- Two blank pages in order to affix the visa,
- Not older than 10 years,
- A validity of at least three more months beyond the date you decide to leave Spain and the whole Schengen territory.
4. Photocopies of:
- All the pages of the travel passport
- All of your previous visas
- Valid or expired passports
- Pages of all the other valid or expired passports
5. Spain Travel Health Insurance – Before your Spain Visa application, you are required to acquire travel health insurance for the whole territory of Spain and all the other states falling in the territory of Schengen. As stated officially, your insurance must cover all medical emergencies with a minimum of €30,000, including expulsion in case of death.
6. Financial Support – You should be backed financially in order to support yourself during your studies in Spain
7. Admission Letter – You require an admission letter from a learning institution or university in Spain.
Types of Spain Student Visa
There are four different types of Spain student visas that are valid for different duration’s of your training or studies:
Long-Term Student Visa (Type D)
The Type D Visa permits non-EU citizens to enter and stay in Spain for a period exceeding six months. With this type of visa, you can study and work part-time and get an (NIE) number and a student ID card (TIE).
Short-Term Student Visa
The short-term student visa allows its holders to study in Spain for a duration of 3-6 months and with this visa, you will be able to work, train, and study.
Visa Student-Free Entry
Students from the EU and the EEA do not require a Spain student visa in order to study in Spain. In order to stay for more than 3 months, it is mandatory to apply for a residence permit or a Foreigner Identity Card (TIE).
Cost of a Spanish Student Visa and Studying in Spain
The charge for a Spanish student visa costs $160 from the United States, $95 for visa applications from Canada, and $73 for other nationalities.
The average tuition fees for Bachelor’s programs charged by the universities in Spain revolves somewhere around €750 to €2,500 per year. For Master’s programs, the cost ranges from €1,000 to €3,500 per year. Amid this, it should be noted that the private universities based in Spain charge in accordance with their set fee structures, which can be as high as €20,000 per year.
Why Choose Udrus?
We, at Udrus, are dedicated to providing the students with all the necessary requirements and assistance from the commencement of their journey of studying in Spain, their accommodation, sponsorship’s, and other help required in the student’s academic journey.
Planning to study in Spain? We can be your companion by simplifying the process of your admission to your desired university.