Spain student visa is one of the most important student visas around the world. If you have a chance to study abroad in Spanish universities, that means you are a lucky student.
Universities in Spain have a higher education system that involves various departments of technology, science, economic, management, and psychology. In this article, we will clearly define what a Span student visa is, how much Spain student visa costs, and visa requirements in detail.
What is the Spain student visa?
Spain student visa for international students is a legal document that allows non-EU citizens to stay and study in its universities or schools for a limited period, Also, it allows students to work part-time during their residency in Spain.
For those who are willing to enroll in any postgraduate course, professional training course, master’s, bachelor’s degree, or Ph.D Spain is a perfect path for them
There are four different types of student visa Spain which are valid for different lengths of time depending on your training or studies:
Long-term student visa (type D)
It permits non- EU citizens to enter and remain in Spain for a period longer than six months. It allows you to move easily in the country, you can study and work part-time and get an (NIE) number and a student ID card (TIE).
In this type of visa, you can renew your visa from Spain and no need to go back to your country to apply again and after 3 years you can change your student residency to a working one.
Short-term student visa
This visa permits its holder to study in Spain from 3 to 6 months. With this visa, you will be able to work, train and study in Spanish colleges or take Spanish language courses at the same time.
It is important to know that you can’t extend a short-term student visa, this means if you need to stay longer than 180 days, you should go back to your home and apply again for a long-term student visa.
visa student-free entry
Students from the EU and the EEA don’t need a Spain student visa in order to study in Spain.
However, if you are planning to stay longer than 3 months, it is mandatory that you apply for a residence permit or a Foreigner Identity Card (TIE).
Schengen Student Visa
All foreign nationalities students except EU/EEA member states and Switzerland need to obtain a Schengen student visa for courses shorter than 90 days and it can be extended only in some very specific cases.
This type of visa allows its holder to enter the Schengen zone. the processing of the application will take six to eight weeks to complete.
Spain student visa requirements
If you are interested in studying in Spain and you are a non-European Union citizen, you need to apply for a student visa spain. Therefore, we will go over the whole process and the requested documents to obtain the visa.
But firstly, bear in mind that there are some conditions you must follow:
- You have to prove that you are able to support yourself financially during your studies.
- A valid passport
- You should stay in Spain legally
- You must have valid medical insurance.
- An admission letter from the learning course or university in Spain.
Be aware that every country needs different requirements such as Spain student visa requirements for Indian citizens that request their students to provide biometrics during the visa application process and medical test before arriving in Spain.
Main requirements for a student visa in Spain
It is crucial to know and understand all the requirements and documents you need to submit
- a passport valid until the end of your residency and photocopy
- two recent photos in color
- National Visa Application Form.
- Letter of acceptance from the university or school.
- You must have an appropriate medical insurance
- Proof of sufficient funds to sustain yourself during your residency in Spain.
- Medical certificate demonstrating that you are not suffering from any contagious diseases
- You have to pay the corresponding fee for a Spain student visa application.
- information about where you will be staying during your studies
- travel document and copy of return flight ticket (if you have a short-term student visa)
- You must obtain criminal records (it is needed for a person who is over 18 years or for those who need to stay more than 6 months)
Frequently asked questions
1- How much does a Spanish student visa cost?
The flat rate charge for a student visa:
- Visa application for other nationalities costs around $73
- Visa application from the U.S costs $160
- Visa application from Canada costs $95
2- How long does a student visa spain in Morocco take?
It takes around ten working days and it cost 75.00 (EUR)
3- What are the benefits of having a Spain student visa?
- You can travel to other countries that are part of the Schengen zone
- Your children under 18 and your partner are allowed to companion you
- obtain a special work permit for students.