4 Highest Ranking Universities for Economics in the U.K.
We all like money-maybe we’re not super obsessed with it but we know that it’s what makes the world go round and it can get us nice stuff (alongside stuff we need to survive). So logically, it’s safe to say that keeping the system which rotates said money around the world alive is in all of our best interests. This is where the economics majors kick in. Using their knowledge of the markets and their abilities of prediction which they have honed over their years at university, these guys will be able to steer us in the right direction and hopefully help us avoid any form of recession or economic breakdown.
If being one of those people sounds appealing to you, then keep on reading as we talk about some of the best universities in Europe to study your masters in economics. Specifically, this article will be focuses on universities situated in the United Kingdom, so those intending to study in the U.K. have struck gold with this article.
Those who wish to study in the U.K. should take a look at Loughborough University, a big player in the field of English academics. With a beautiful campus and an award-winning student experience in almost every field of university life-teaching, research, internships, campus life, you name it-you’d be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn’t want an opportunity to study at this renowned institution. Keep in mind, though, their tuition fees-those who are native to the country will have the costs of education be almost 50% cheaper than the international students. Great if you’re a UK resident, managebale if you’re an international student with money to your name, not so great if you’re not an international student whose pockets are light-be sure to try and get a scholarship to offset the costs.
Examples of some of the achievements they’ve acquired over the years are:
- ‘University of the Year for Sports’ for 2022.
- Over 90% of their research classified as ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’.
- Number 1 in the U.K. for employer-student connections.
You can look up their masters on the topic over here.
Queen’s University Belfast
Speaking of studying in the U.K., another great choice for those in the region is Queen’s University Belfast. A high-quality university through-and-through, a few of the university’s achievements include:
- The city of Belfast itself, which has the lowest student rent in all of U.K. as well as the best public transportation
- An active campus filled to the brim with many exercise facilities and sports teams
- Amazing research opportunities and a strong focus on research culture
- Winner of many awards and accreditations in both academics and sports
If you’re interested, you can look up their masters of the topic here.
An institution which holds both history and excellent teaching near and dear to its heart, Bangor University is an excellent institution in the U.K. for those looking to study political science. They have many achievements, including but not limited to:
- World-leading research in important fields such as environment sustainability
- Located in Bangor, one of, if not the most affordable place in the entirety of the United Kingdom
- Great student life with many forms of entertainment to enhance your social life
If you’re interested, you can look up the program here:
University of Essex
For those who want another option for economics schools in the United Kingdom, the University of Essex has got your back. The features they have are endless, but a small list of them includes:
- Multiple campus grounds, including ones in Colchester, Southend and Loughton
- Excellence in the field of research, with some of their breakthroughs concerning language analysis, world hunger and surrogate laws
- Vibrant life both in-campus with many extracurricular activities and sports clubs to keep you covered and outside the campus with the whole city of Essex to explore and enjoy
Their repertoire includes masters in:
And there you have it-all you need to know about studying economics in the United Kingdom. You’ll definitely be getting the best of both worlds when it comes to this type of major-not as much work as the science majors, but the employability chances aren’t as wonky as that of the humanitaries subjects. If you want to do more research on the matter, be sure to check out Udrus.