Frequently Asked Questions

About the Study Abroad Journey

According to admissions experts, a student should start the application process at the beginning of their senior year of high school. While universities may set their own deadlines, the majority of applications for normal autumn admission will be due in January. If you know the college you want to attend, applying early is a good idea. That you've looked into its programs and, if possible, paid a visit to its campus. However, if you want to compare admission and financial aid offers from several universities, don't apply early.

There are certain rules that students must conform to while studying and working simultaneously that apply to specific countries. For instance, You can work 120 days or 240 half days per year if you're from outside the EU and hold a valid German student visa. Students in the EU are allowed to work 20 hours a week. Also, during university holidays, Australian student visa holders are allowed to work unrestrictedly, or 40 hours per fortnight during term time followed by students from the EU and EEA who are free to work in the UK. Non-EU students on a tier 4 student visa are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during the school year and full-time during the summer.

Firstly, you must decide the country and university that you want to study in and then check on the financial resources you must produce as proof for sustaining yourself in the new country. Check on the international university rankings, research the public and private universities- the faculty, infrastructure, campus, and program modules, along with alumni opportunities.

A letter of admission is a letter that confirms that a person has been accepted to a certain university or academic institution. Acceptance letters, on the other hand, are the letters of admission that everyone hopes to get from the universities to which they aspire. Next stages, deadlines, scholarships and rewards, special activities, and other information may be included in these messages.

If you apply to a college that offers rolling admission, you should expect to hear back in six to eight weeks. Admission deadlines are usually around January 1st, and decisions are announced in March and April.

Several nations, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Malaysia, and the Netherlands, provide international-standard higher education to individuals who wish to study abroad without taking the IELTS exam. Others, on the other hand, have made language proficiency requirements a prerequisite, ensuring that they have the English abilities required to understand academic writing, produce scholarly writing, and successfully communicate with their supervisor.

Finding a study abroad scholarship is the first step in obtaining one. Look for country-specific scholarships by contacting the schools to which you are applying, or see if the university has any subject-specific scholarships available. Check to see if you qualify for a scholarship after you've found one. Government Scholarships that are fully funded-
  • Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA)
  • British Chevening Scholarships (UK)
  • Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland)
  • Swedish Scholarships for International Students (Sweden)
  • VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarships (Belgium)
  • Gates Cambridge Scholarships (UK)

While studying abroad, it's critical to have a solid health and accident insurance policy in place, as well as coverage for emergency evacuation and repatriation. Although your health insurance provider may cover you when traveling (not all do), there are a few things that travel insurance will cover that health insurance will not. The following are some of the various topics covered:
  • If your flight is delayed or canceled, you'll be covered.
  • Luggage that has gone missing
  • Personal items that have been stolen
  • In the event of a medical emergency or a natural disaster, evacuation is required.

Yes, certainly. Almost all the public and private universities globally provide the opportunity to international students to work either on-campus or off-campus for 20 hours a week (part-time) that further aiding their tuition fees or other living costs, abroad. Post qualifying from the university or acquiring a degree, one can opt to work full-time post applying for a work visa.

If you want assistance for abroad education, then Udrus is the ideal platform you must count on for all your education queries, being an international student. From scholarship schemes, to program guidelines, and admission eligibility to visa applications, all your potential queries can get resolved without a hassle.

To be qualified for higher education overseas, students must take language proficiency exams such as the IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE, as well as general exams such as the SAT, GMAT, GRE, and ACT (for specific management degrees). At least 60% of the scores must come from either 12th board exams for an undergraduate program or 60% in an undergraduate degree (qualified from a recognized institution or university in your home country) for post-graduation.

Before applying for any university abroad, you must apply for your visa at least 6 months in advance. You are expected to consult an embassy or consulate with the required documents like ID proof, scholarship certificate (if any), Letter of Recommendation, motivation letter, and language proficiency certificate. The cost to apply for a student visa ranges from $55-$1,000. It takes almost 90 to 120 days for the visas to function throughout the process of application and acceptance.

  • For English-taught students Official language credentials such as TOEFL, IELTS, C1 Advanced, and others are commonly required by master's degrees.
  • The host college or university will require both a statement of purpose and a motivation letter from you.
  • An application form with all of your personal information
  • Academic certifications with previous approved universities' qualifications
  • Curriculum vitae with your work experience and educational credentials ID proof with your home country's address.
  • Residence permit with a visa

Tuition fees for each study program fluctuate significantly, therefore they are not the same for the nations you choose to enroll in. According to studies conducted by the International Institute of Education, the total cost of studying abroad in a foreign country is roughly $18,000 each semester or $36,000 per academic year.

There are some steps involved in the refund policy for the tuition fees for international students. The steps are as envisaged:
  • Only if the program is canceled or the application is rejected by the institution is the application fee refundable.
  • If a student withdraws after the deadline, they will not be reimbursed.
  • We will not repay you for the money you've already paid to another institution.
  • Before paying any fees, we recommend that you review our return policy with our staff.